About HDFC Mutual Fund
The HDFC Mutual Fund, occasionally referred to as the HDFC Bank Mutual Fund, is one of the leading mutual fund corporations in India. The brand backing it is, of course, the much renowned HDFC or the Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. Particularly, the HDFC Asset Management Company Ltd., which was launched in December of 1999 as a joint venture (JV) between the Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited and the Standard Life Investments Ltd.
The HDFC Asset Management Company Ltd. has been approved by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to act as the AMC (Asset Management Company) for the HDFC Mutual Fund. As of January 2020, HDFC AMC is the second largest of the mutual funds in India, with an AuM (Assets under Management) of Rs. 3.79 lakh crores. Within equity assets, HDFC Mutual Fund is once again one of the major players with the HDFC AMC’s assets worth Rs. 1.54 lakh crore; when it comes to debt assets, HDFC MF currently holds the first spot among all Indian MFs, with an AuM of Rs. 1.99 lakh crore.
How to Invest in HDFC Mutual Funds?
- Log in to your Mobikwik account. In case you don’t already have one, sign up for one right now!
- Complete your KYC (Know Your Customer) verification process.
- Upload your valid documentation and identity proofs as per requirements.
- Select the best HDFC Mutual Fund according to your investment criteria, risk appetite and duration.
- If you want to make a lump sum investment, click on the ‘Buy Now’ option. And if you’re starting a SIP (Systematic Investment Plan), select ‘Start SIP’.
You’re all set! Now only wait for your HDFC Mutual Fund investment to appear on your Mobikwik account, which it should within 4 working days tops.
Documents Required to Invest in HDFC Mutual Fund
You’ll find all the documents needed to complete the KYC procedures listed below:
Proof of identity: - A scanned copy of your photo PAN card is enough, but if you have a non photo pan card, submit a copy of that with a copy of your driver’s license/ passport/voter ID/bank photo passbook.
Proof of address (any one of the following) -
- Aadhaar card
- Passport copy
- Voter ID
- Driving License
Types of Fund Offered by HDFC Mutual Fund
HDFC Mutual Fund offers debt, equity, hybrid, and multiple solution-oriented funds. The general run time of these MFs can be short, medium, or long. Here we have listed ten of the topmost mutual fund schemes HDFC provides, but keep in mind ultimately you’d be the one to determine the best HDFC mutual fund suited for you based on your goals, risk-absorbing capacity, and investment horizon.
Top 10 HDFC Mutual Funds:
- HDFC Gold Fund: The objective of this gold fund is to provide similar returns to that provided by gold itself. Placed among the high risk mutual funds, this one has shown a return of 6.16% since it sailed off in 2011.
- HDFC Top 100 Fund: This HDFC MF invests in large-cap companies, with only SIP available as an investment route. Rated as high risk, the HDFC Top 100 fund has delivered an impressive 18.19% returns annually as of 2019, since its launch in 1996.
- HDFC Money Market Fund: Bonds with a maturity period of up to one year are what Money Market debt funds invest in; the risk with these funds is moderately low. The returns for the HDFC MM Fund have approximately 7.5% since its inception in 1999.
- HDFC Retirement Savings Fund (Hybrid-Debt Plan): This one invests around 25% of your money in equity shares and the remaining 75% in bonds. Suitable for those okay with taking fairly high risks, fund returns have remained 8.17% since the fund was started in 2016.
- HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund: These funds have run times usually ranging up to five years and more. Fund returns since inception in 1994 have remained over 17% as of 2019.
- HDFC Short Term Debt Fund: You’ll be investing primarily in bonds maturing within a period of anywhere between one to three years. This one has delivered returns of 8.93% in 7 years since it’s launch in 2010.
- HDFC Credit Risk Debt Fund: Among the debt fund categories, this one is one of the riskiest MFs. HDFC Credit Risk Debt Fund began its journey in 2014 and produced appreciable returns of 8.86% annually over the next 6 years.
- HDFC Low Duration Fund: As you may have already gathered from the title, this one invests in bonds with a maturity period of 6 to 12 months. Among the low-risked MFs, this one has delivered healthy returns of 8.5% annually as of 2019.
- HDFC Corporate Bond Fund: With this one, your money gets invested in high-yield corporate bonds. You’ll be taking a medium risk with your investment. The returns have remained 9.10% since it set sail in 2010.
- HDFC Index Fund- SENSEX Plan: This one is among the longer running and high-risked funds from HDFC. It has exhibited solid returns of nearly 14% in 18 years since its inception in 2002.
CEO / MD
Mr. Milind Barve
Ramon House, 3rd Floor, H.T Parekh Marg, 169, Backbay Reclamation, Churchgate
Mumbai - 400020
Registrar & Transfer Agent
Computer Age Management Svcs
New No.10, Old No.178, Kodambakkam High Road, Opp. Hotel Palmgrove, Nungambakkam
Chennai - 600 034
S. R. BATLIBOI & Co
Express Tower, 6th Floor,Nariman Point,Mumbai
Mumbai - 400021
Total Net Assets of HDFC Mutual Fund as of March 2018 - 277,736cr
HDFC Mutual Fund - Estimated fund Flows for March 2018
Frequently Asked Questions on HDFC Mutual Fund
Which is the Best HDFC mutual fund?
You are in the best position to pick the HDFC MF that fits you just right. All you need to do is ask yourself these three questions:
- What are you hoping to get out of this investment?
- If you are fine with taking risks, are you ready to jump straight to a high risk MF or try a moderately low risk one?
- How long are you willing to wait for your expected returns?
Once you have your answers, it should be clear which is the best HDFC mutual fund for you. For example, if you have decided to go for a moderate risk MF, the HDFC Corporate Bond Fund is the one worth considering. Okay with taking a high risk and don’t mind waiting for a fairly long time for the desired results? Look into the HDFC Index Fund-SENSEX Plan!
Is HDFC Mutual Fund good?
HDFC Mutual Fund is the second-largest mutual fund corporation in India as of 2020. It has a huge pool of content investors and an experienced fund management team behind it and all of the MF Funds on offer are known for coming up with great return percentages annually. So if its MF schemes fit your preferences, you should certainly go ahead.
How can I check my HDFC Mutual Fund status?
You can check your HDFC MF status through your MobiKwik Money dashboard. Just log in to your MobiKwik Money account. Your MF dashboard lets you check and track your HDFC MF status with ease. For any other queries, you can always get in touch with HDFC Bank Mutual Fund customer care.
How is HDFC Top 200 Fund?
The HDFC Top 200 Fund is probably one of the oldest funds in the country. The annualized return percentage since its launch has been 23%. In the past five years, the fund has shown steady growth in returns and has delivered a quite sturdy performance, with the yearly HDFC mutual fund returns remaining a few paces ahead of the category average.
How can I get capital gains statements for HDFC Mutual Fund Investments?
Follow these quick and easy steps to retrieve your HDFC mutual fund online capital gains statements:
- Log in to your MobiKwik account and click on your name from the menu on the top-right menu.
- Click on the Reports option.
- Refer to the Capital Gains Statement section where you will find your HDFC Mutual Fund investments.