Mutual Fund SIP Calculator
What is SIP?
A Systematic Investment Plan is a mode of investment which allows you to invest a fixed amount of money in any mutual fund scheme at regular intervals — for example, on a monthly or quarterly basis. It is similar to a Recurring Deposit (RD) in a bank, but the difference is that your money will be invested in a mutual fund scheme, which may mean it is headed for the equity markets or debt instruments. SIPs are offered by most mutual fund houses in India and all over the world.
SIPs have proven to be a reliable wealth creation tool for those who invest. They bring financial balance and discipline to your investment and assist you in achieving your long-term goals - such as retirement planning, children’s education, buying a house, etc.
How to use the SIP Calculator and the reverse SIP calculator
A SIP calculator is an automated tool that does all your investment math for you.
Instead of painstakingly doing all the calculations manually, all that you have to do with a SIP calculator is enter the amount you can invest every month, the SIP duration and the expected annual rate of return. The calculator then gives you a close estimate of the returns you are likely to make.
Not only does it instantaneously tell you the gains you’d have generated, but it also allows you to modify any of the variables to effortless see how they impact your overall returns. As a result, you’re able to quickly compare returns between SIPs and other investment options as well - such as an FD.
The reverse SIP calculator offers the same function in a different way. In this instance, you need to enter the target amount, SIP duration and the expected annual return and the calculator tells you how much you need to put in every month.
Benefits of SIP
- No big investment: You can invest small amounts of money in SIPs at regular intervals — even as low as ₹500 per month. On the contrary, minimum amount for lump sum investment in a mutual fund is typically ₹5,000.
- No worries about market timing or market crash: SIP investments are a good option for eliminating the worries of entering the market at the right time. You don’t have to worry about the highs and lows of the market. Staying invested for a long time using SIPs can even-out the volatility of the stock market.
- Rupee-cost averaging effect:The rupee-cost averaging reduces the factor of volatility. It helps you buy more units when the price is lower and fewer units when the price is higher. Rupee-cost averaging nullifies the effect of short-term market fluctuation on your investments and hence, is considered to be one of the major factors for SIPs to be favourable for long-term investments.
Power of compounding: The money that gets invested regularly and systematically through SIPs is compounded over time through regular investments. The quicker you start, the more compounding impact you can see.
For example, If you started saving ₹1,000 a month on your 30th birthday, in 30 years time you would have put aside ₹3.6 lakhs. If that investment grew by an average of 10% a year, it would be worth around ₹22.8 lakhs when you reach the age of 60.
However, if you started investing on your 20th birthday, the ₹1,000 a month corpus would be worth ₹4.8 lakh over 40 years. Assuming that the growth rate is 10% annually, your investment will be worth ₹ 63.8 lakhs on your 60th birthday. Isn’t that amazing? The amount you end up with can increase exponentially if you start investing a few years earlier
- Convenience: It is fairly convenient to start a SIP investment. You can choose the interval as per your financial ability. You also have the option of skipping a SIP if you have insufficient funds.
- Future goal planning: We’ve all got future goals — buying a house, a dream car, children’s education, retirement, etc. If you don’t have a lot of knowledge about the stock market, SIPs can be low-risk best alternative for all your future goals.
- Disciplined investing: SIP investments encourage discipline and regularity in investments. They are a time-tested method for disciplined investing that yielded great results.
Best SIP Mutual funds plans to invest.
While the term ‘best Mutual Funds’ may not work as a size fits all solution for all investors, we have compiled a list of funds taking into account various factors including returns, fund house, investment approach and track record of fund managers.
Find the best SIP plans by clicking in the link.