What is KYC & why is it necessary for mutual fund investments?
KYC (Know Your Customer) is a regulatory requirement by SEBI to control fraud and illegal activities and thereby protect your money.
It is mandatory to do your KYC before investing in Mutual Funds. You can only invest once you are “KYC Verified”.
You need to do KYC only once across all mutual funds.
What are the documents Required for KYC?
- PAN card
- Identity proof such as your Aadhaar, passport, voter id, or driving license
- An address proof
- In person verification (online or offline)
How do I check if I am KYC Verified?
You can check your KYC status by visiting https://www.cvlkra.com/ and clicking on the KYC Inquiry button.
- If your KYC status is “PAN not found”, you don’t have KYC on your PAN and need to do it before investing.
- If your KYC status is “incomplete” or “Old MF KYC”, you will need to undergo the KYC process again.
- If your KYC status is “KYC REGISTERED”, you are KYC verified.
- If your KYC status is “KYC REGISTERED” and your KYC mode says eKYC-OTP, you are KYC Verified but can only invest up to Rs. 50,000 per AMC (Mutual Fund House) per year.
How can I do my KYC for mutual fund online?
You can do your KYC from the MobiKwik app.
Steps to do your Mutual Fund KYC from MobiKwik Money.
- Open the MobiKwik app.
- Click on the Mutual Fund icon on the Home Screen.
- Enter your PAN no.
Enter your DOB.
- Upload/take a photo of your PAN (Front and back)
- Upload/take a photo of your address proof (Aadhaar/ Passport etc)
- Record a 30-second eIPV video stating your name and the nature of the video. Sample below:
- Wait for 2-3 working days.
You will get a notification from us when your KYC gets verified.